Friday 11 March 2011

A word of gratitude


I really like getting to know people. I look forward to the stage where a relationship is no longer polite and civil; when you've had a few ugly days, a few misunderstandings, and now something has taken root and is growing in a healthy, honest manner. I was very fortunate upon my arrival here- arriving with no expectations and a somewhat broken heart I didn't have the energy to put on a brave face and act like a good guest or entertaining foreigner. And as luck would have it, Daisy, the lady I live with met me with open arms and has, since then, truly adopted me as one of her own children- caring for me but also setting me straight when need be. Her entire family have treated me as one of their own and willingly gone out of their way to see that I am taken care of. I bless the lord for their generosity and I bless them for their golden hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment